2012年2月13日月曜日

What Are Secondary Colours?

what are secondary colours?

CITY CRAFTER CHALLENGE #95....COLOURS OF A RAINBOW!

Today was such a nice day. I got to meet one of my new DT members for lunch. I was so happy to have someone living near me that loves what I do, paper crafting. More about that at the end of the post. I came home feeling really good and decided to get my card made early for the challenge over on the City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week the challenge Ros chose was "the colours of a rainbow". Make a project using 3 or 4 of the colors in the rainbow! Now what a happy challenge, why don't you give it a go this week.


Color Set-secondary Colors Orange/green/violet
Learn more

Seeing a rainbow after it has rained has always been lucky and of course beautiful. For this card I wanted to use the primary and secondary colors, but in softer colors. I used Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Regal Rose, and white. I used those colors in Baker's twine and in the inks I used to stamp two sizes of hearts. I used two embossing folders and one die for the borders on my white mat. I stamped and hand cut the hearts. I stamped the cake in Wisteria Wonder, but used markers to color the candles and flames on the stamp. This is a fun birthday card, how could these colors be anything but happy. Photographing this was the hardest thing I did with this card.


Nokia E5-00 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy Email Setup, IM, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Ovi Store with Apps, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White)
Learn more


Sorry about the photo, I tried everything and this is the best I got today! Now for my day, I met Anitra for lunch today and I had a really lovely time. The envelope I posted last night I made to take her. See what she brought me, some beautiful things, too many to list, but here is a photo.



Look at that gorgeous rose trim, the beautiful handmade flowers and the fabulous heart, which I am going to use as a pin cushion. There are vintage lace and a lace butterfly, and lace, stick pins and so much more. Every time I receive a package I just want to keep it all to look at, but I am going to use a lot of this, but save what I just can't bear to cut into. Thanks Anitra, I enjoyed the day and the beautiful gift. So how was your day? Have a wonderful Friday, hope you spend some time crafting.



These are our most popular posts: what are secondary colours?

Seven Shades EP Download – Reveal

I learnt that we perceive the world through 7 colours or shades. Our eyes see in 3 primary colours, 3 secondary colours and White, so 7 in total. With these mix of 7 colours, our eyes are able to mix and blend the shades to ... read more

CITY CRAFTER CHALLENGE #95....COLOURS OF A RAINBOW!

For this card I wanted to use the primary and secondary colors, but in softer colors. I used Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Regal Rose, and white. I used those colors in Bakers ... read more

momstown Calgary North: Coffee Filter Printed Valentines

The process is mesmerizing to watch, and is the perfect opportunity to discuss how primary colours can be combined to create new colours, and to demonstrate that secondary colours such as purple are the made up of ... read more

Battle of the Bulge-Art Diary #6 - the Visual Feel.-Shenandoah Studio

Id like to stop mentioning Redmond as Im sounding like a fanatic but as he pointed out, our eyes are designed for looking at natural colours. (yes you do get the occaisional swathes of primary and secondary colours but in ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿